Android 7.0 Nougat released in August 2016. With its new features, Android Nougat should be issued for this phone a long time ago, yet LG takes time to release it for LG G4. It is an old phone, and people now are looking for new handsets, but it has its pluses, and many people still own and use it. And after a long wait, LG released the latest Android Nougat Update for LG G4 but this update is only available for some of the LG G4 models, i.e., F500S, F500K, and F500L. Android 7.0 Nougat Update for LG G4 is packed with all Android Nougat features, and with this, you can also enjoy the Improved LG UX 5.0 and loads of other changes. So, if you are looking for the means to update your handset to Android Nougat, then you are in the correct place. You can update your phone with the Nougat firmware zip we shared for LG G4. You first have to download Nougat v30b for LG G4 to update LG G4 to Android 7.0 Nougat.
This update will work only on following LG G4 models
Please follow the steps correctly, or else you may brick your device. We are not responsible for any damage to your phone.
Prerequisites to update LG G4 to Android 7.0 Nougat
- Backup your LG G4 to secure your essential data.
- Your phone should have at least 60% power so that it would not turn off between the process.
- Install the LG G4 Drivers on your PC.
Required Files to Download
- Download Latest LG UP Tool
- Download LG G4 Verizon Drivers
Nougat KDZ File for LG G4
- Download LG G4 Nougat KDZ file for F500K
- Download LG G4 Nougat KDZ file for F500L
- Download LG G4 Nougat KDZ file for F500S
How to Update LG G4 to Android 7.0 Nougat
Follow these steps correctly to ensure correct installation of Android Nougat on your device.
- Download the required LGUP Tool and LG G4 Stock Nougat ROM from above links.
- Install the LGUP Tool on your PC.
- Run the LGUP Tool and the copy the folder “common” to C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model.
- Boot into Download Mode. To do this, Turn Off your device. Now hold Volume Up while plugging in the USB cable.
- When your device boots to Download Mode, you can see the Firmware Update on your screen.
- Click on Upgrade option in LGUP and choose the KDZ file you have downloaded.
- Click on Start to initiate the process.
- Wait for the process to complete successfully.
- Disconnect your phone and perform a Factory Reset after the completion of a process which is optional.
Boot up your phone and enjoy the Android Nougat. If there are any doubts about the process, you can ask us in comments.