LG previous flagship mobile G5 got an update for Android 7.0 Nougat for quite a time. The update was to roll out via OTA so the users can easily update to new Android Nougat and enjoy better experience. But still there are some users which do not receive the update. So if you are one of them and you want to upgrade your LG G5 to Android 7.0 then you don’t have to worry because you can easily update LG G5 to Android 7.0 Nougat by following this guide.
The LG G5 Nougat firmware KDZ file is available for the European H850 model only and can be flashed via LG UP tool. One thing to understand is that you have to update it manually. Many new features like Multiwindow, Doze, Improved Notifications, latest Messaging apps, Vulkan API, and many other features are introduced in the new Android Nougat update for LG G5. Follow this guide and upgrade your LG G5 to Android Nougat and enjoy all these new amazing Android Nougat features.
[alert variation=”alert-info”][label variation=”label-info”]Note:[/label] To update your LG G4 to Android Nougat follow this guide Here [/alert]
[alert variation=”alert-warning”]Follow this guide step by step and exactly otherwise you may harm your device. Proceed at your own risk because UptoAndroid is not responsible for any damage done to your device.[/alert]
[section label=”Note” anchor=”Note”]
[alert variation=”alert-info”][label variation=”label-info”]Note:[/label]
- This update is only for European LG G5 H850 only.
- Take a complete backup of your important files and data.
- The battery should be at least 50% before you proceed to update the device.
- Latest LG USB drivers must be installed in the PC.
- Download the following files before you update.
[section label=”Download” anchor=”Download”]
[section label=”How to Update” anchor=”Update LG G5″]
Update LG G5 to Android 7.0 Nougat Manually:
- Download and extract the LG UP tool and LG G5 Nougat firmware from above.
- Install the LG UP tool and download the dll file from above.
- Copy .dll file to [label variation=”label-info”]C:\Program Files\LG Electronics\LGUP\mode[/label] and run LG UP tool.
- Turn off the device and boot into Download Mode by holding Volume Up key while plugging in the USB cable.
- Now open LG UP and click on Upgrade option choose the files path. Locate where you download the KDZ firmware file and select it.
- Click on the Start button to initiate the process.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- You have successfully updated your LG G5 to Android Nougat.
If you have any questions related to the process, comment below.