How to Update Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
It seems to be Samsung is not going to provide official Android 6.0 Marshmallow update for Galaxy S4. That might seem unfair to some, particularly those who own S4 and who had gone out of their way to buy it ASAP when it first came out. However, in this guide, I am going to teach you how to update your Galaxy S4 to Android 6.0 Marshmallow in easy steps.
How to get Android 6.0 Marshmallow on a Samsung Galaxy S4
If mid-range smartphone like Samsung Galaxy J5 can get Marshmallow why not a flagship device like Galaxy S4 get the same update.
Note: UptoAndroid will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
The Galaxy S4 is already three years old that means its hardware and software are no longer modern enough to support the latest features of Android 6.0, so Samsung got the point for not updating its software.
crDroid ROM file – Download Here
Supported Model: GT-I9505; GT-I9505G
SEE ALSO: What is VulkanRT?
Galaxy S4 Marshmallow Update
Backup all sensitive data on internal storage before performing the upgrade. Internal Storage will be completely wiped after the update. Ensure battery is fully charged or at least 30%. Do not press any button nor attach your phone to the charger once the upgrade process initiated.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Send the crDroid ROM file to your phone’s memory card.
- Turn of your phone, then turn it back onto its recovery mode by pressing the Power, Home, and Volume Up buttons at the same time.
- Do a factory reset on your device.
- Open the crDroid file downloaded from Prerequisites and transferred to your SD Card and follow the instructions that would appear on the screen.
- Restart your Galaxy S4 to get Android Marshmallow features on your device.
That’s it and you are Done. If you face any issue with the Galaxy S4 Marshmallow Update, let us know in comment section below.