How to Install Nougat in Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge – OTA update and firmware
Samsung released Android Nougat update for its Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S6 Edge devices. The rollout has begun in several European regions and several users have already updated their device.
We know that a lot of peoples who have not received OTA update for Galaxy S6 variants buy want to try out official Nougat update on this instance. Luckily, they can install Android 7.0 Nougat in their Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge.
The Galaxy S6 Nougat update comes with build number G920FXXU5EQBG, whereas the Galaxy S6 Edge carries build G925FXXU5EQBG. Make sure that you need to download flash the correct firmware otherwise you might end up damaging your device.
Download Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat update
Grab the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat firmware from the download link below to manually install the update on your device using Odin software on your PC.
- Download Galaxy S6 Nougat firmware (G920FXXU5EQBA, only for SM-G920F model, not for SM-G920I)
- Download Galaxy S6 Nougat firmware (G925FXXU5EQBG, only for SM-G925F model, not for SM-G925I) |
The OTA update zip isn’t available for download as of yet, but we’ll be sure to post it here as and when we get our hands on it. Meanwhile, we suggest you install the update using the firmware file linked above. Our step-by-step guide will assist you throughout the process of installing the Nougat firmware manually on your device.
How to Install Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge Nougat update firmware
- Download Odin 3.12.3 .zip file and run/open the Odin3 v3.12.3.exe file from the extracted files on your PC.
- Download the Nougat firmware for your device from the downloads section above, and unzip the .zip file to get.TAR.MD5 file.
- Enable OEM to unlock your phone:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap Build number seven times to enable Developer options.
- Go back to the main Settings page, scroll to the bottom and select Developer options from there.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
- Boot your device into Download mode:
- Switch off your device.
- Press and hold “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Press Volume Up on the warning screen to accept it and boot into Download mode.
- Once your device is in download mode, connect it to the PC with a USB cable. The Odin window on PC should detect the device and show an “Added!!” message.
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin window and select the firmware file that we got in step 2 above.
└ Note: DON’T play with any other options on the Odin screen. You’re only required to connect your device and select the firmware file as instructed above.
- Click the Start button on Odin and wait for it to finish the process. Once it has finished successfully, you’ll see a pass message on the Odin screen.
- Your device will automatically reboot when Odin is done flashing. You can then disconnect your device.
└ It might take some time for the first boot after flashing a stock firmware.
That’s all Android 7.0 will be installed on your Samsung Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge, Enjoy Nougat on your Galaxy Device.