Huawei Honor 4C: Software Installation Failed Error | Fix
Sometimes specially during downgrading your honor 4C there will occur an error that says Software Installation Failed “Incompatibility with current version. Please download the correct package”. This error occurs due to some issues with region file. So you have to update the region file. Even if your device region matched with the region version you’ve downloaded still you need to perform these steps to overcome this problem.
Note: UptoAndroid will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
Solution: Software Installation Failed
- Download and fulfill “Prerequisites” before you begin.
- Open root explorer give it root access and go to /data/
- Now long press custom.bin select Permissions and make sure it’s set to rw-rw-rw. If not check the boxes under Read and Write and make sure no box under Execute is checked.
- Extract the downloaded *.zip or *.rar file you downloaded earlier.
- Copy it in device and paste it in /dev/block/platform/hi_mci.0/by-name/ using root explorer.
- You don’t need to delete existing oeminfo file just replace that with new file.
- Now most important step makes sure to set its permissions to rwx-rwx-rwx.
- Reboot your device.
- That’s it now to downgrade to Kitkat again follow all steps mention Here.