In this tutorial, I will be covering how to install SuperSU and root your android device. SuperSU is superuser access also known as root access which is used to perform actions that are not available on un-rooted devices. There are two types of recovery, the default which is your phones generic recovery and the other one is known as Custom Recovery. Two most famous custom recoveries are TWRP and ClockWorkMod you can use any of these. In this guide, we will be using TWRP Recovery to install SuperSU.
How to Install SuperSU using Custom Recovery
We are going to cover two methods to install SuperSU through TWRP recovery and CWM recovery. You should use the recovery which you already have on your phone from any of these two.
[alert variation=”alert-warning”][label variation=”label-warning”]Note:[/label] UptoAndroid will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.[/alert]
[section label=”Prerequisites” anchor=”Prerequisites”]
[alert variation=”alert-info”][label variation=”label-info”]Note:[/label] Backup all important data on internal storage before installing the SuperSU using Custom Recovery in your Android Device. Ensure battery is fully charge or at least 30%.[/alert]
[section label=”SuperSU Using TWRP” anchor=”Steps to Install SuperSU using TWRP Recovery:”]
Steps to Install SuperSU using TWRP Recovery:
- Download SuperSU from Pre-Requisites.
- Now transfer the SuperSU-v2.XXXXX.zip file to the root of your device’s internal memory
- Turn off your phone.
- Boot your phone into TWRP recovery by pressing “Volume Down + Power” button simultaneously. (If that don’t work, you can access the recovery menu by pressing “Volume UP + Power” button)
- In TWRP Recovery, Click the INSTALL menu and Browse and Select the SuperSU-v2.XXXXX.zip
- Done, Now Reboot your android device and you should SuperSU in your menu (first boot may take some time, so have patience.)
[section label=”SuperSU Using CWM” anchor=”Steps to Install SuperSU using CWM Recovery:”]
Steps to Install SuperSU using CWM Recovery:
- Place the SuperSU-v2.XXXXX.zip file on your phone’s sd card.
- Boot into the CWM Recovery (“Volume Down + Power” OR “Volume UP + Power”)
- In CWM recovery select “Install Zip > Choose Zip from Sd Card” and select the SuperSU-v2.XXXXX.zip file and in the next step select “Yes.”
- It will take a while to flash SuperSu, and you’ve rooted your device now.
- Reboot and find the SuperSu installed in your Android’s app drawer.
Additional Information about SuperSU
Once you have SuperSU on your device, you will be able to install/flash custom ROM or kernel of your own choice. Not just that, you can even increase the performance and efficiency of your smartphone by performing optimization and access available in rooted android devices. You can optimize your device to live longer on the same battery, in short, you can increase the battery life of your phone.
This App is entirely free to download. However, there is an in-app purchase, but it will not bring anything exciting to your device.
Download SuperSU APK
To Download the latest version of software click on links below
[button type=”link” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu&hl=en” size=”btn-lg” variation=”btn-default” block=”btn-block” target=”blank”]Download SuperSU Free[/button]
[button type=”link” link=”https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.supersu.pro” size=”btn-lg” variation=”btn-default” block=”btn-block” target=”blank”]Download SuperSU Pro[/button]
That’s it if you find any problem following the steps or have any issue during the process, comment below. I will try to reply in time to help you resolve your issue related to installing SuperSU using Custom Recovery.