Huawei Honor 4C (CHM U01) Flash Custom Recovery
If you want to root your Huawei Honor 4c you first need to unlock bootloader and then you need to flash custom recovery. Installing custom recovery will allow you to flash SuperUser.zip and any other custom recovery or custom app. However, installing custom recovery will void device warranty.
Note: UptoAndroid will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during the process. Proceed at your own risk.
- Unlocking Bootloader – Click Here
- Install ADB Drivers – Click Here
- For Kitkat 4.4.2 EMUI 3.0: Cofface Custom Recovery – Download Link
- For Lollipop 5.1.1 EMUI 3.1: TWRP 18.104.22.168 – Download Link
- Huawei HiSuite – Link
- Windows PC and a USB Cable
- Enable “USB Debugging” Under Developer Options in Settings.
- If Developer Option is not showing open Settings > About > Software Information > More than Tap “Build Number” seven times.
Flashing Custom Recovery On Honor 4C
- Install and Download all “Prerequisites” before you begin.
- Make sure your bootloader is unlocked if not click here for guide.
- Extract the downloaded RAR to get the recovery image.
- Copy the .img file to Fastboot ADB TOOL Folder (which you download earlier).
- Power off your device.
- While holding Volume Down button use a USB Cable to attach your device to computer. Device will automatically boot to fastboot mode. OR you can also skip this step and after completing below step first enter this command
adb reboot bootloader.
- Now go to Fastboot ADB Tool Folder and open Command Prompt by (Pressing Shift + Mouse Right Click > Open Command Prompt Here)
- Enter below command and press enter. If you see your device in list move to next step otherwise check your cable or read Prerequisites carefully and repeat this step till you see your device in list.
- Execute the following commands each per line and with same order. (replace recovery_name with the one you copied earlier.)
fastboot flash recovery recovery_name.img fastboot reboot
- Wait for the device to boot the system. That’s it.